Shy and reserved with a disdain for any form of violence and abuse and an irrational fear of being rejected
Maria can usually be found either in their room, reading with a hot cup of coffee and a cat on their head, or sitting just outside of the city walls dreaming of the world
Maria is very insecure and afraid of being judged by other equines, their self esteem
feel unworthy of ever having friends, their self-confidence usually lasts for only about 2 seconds before all of their insecurities come crashing down again
Due to their fear of being rejected, they subconsciously push other people away, to avoid the inevitable rejection
will always provide medical assistance to sick and hurt equines that seek the sanctums help
he usually never means it.
I even loved its deadliness. It called to me and I the foolish little boy I was
. That was my first mistake, the first of many that would in the end cost me everything
ever saw my mothers, who being merchants spent most of their time traveling through Eithne
we can't live without her and she can't live without us.
I spent the first six years of my life, running through the woods and playing in
the sea, not yet knowing the cruelty of the world. That is when I made the first mistake,
I started playing with fire.
I would light matches and watch them burn to ashes,
mesmerised by the fire.
It was still enough back then,
watching the matches burn.
My grandmother would find me on the floor surrounded be ashes.
She would take the fire away, explain to me that I it was dangerous.
I didn't listen.My grandmother never hit me, except for once. I almost burned myself that day. Had she found me seconds later, I wouldn't be talking right now. I was so stunned when the blow came, it wasn't very hard, but it still shocked me. My grandmother was crying. After that day I stopped playing with fire. I stopped listening to it, but it never stopped calling me.
Soon after that I started going to school.
That was my first contact with the cruelty of the world.
You see children can be cruel, they don't even know it.
They put labels on each other, and when someone is different, when someone doesn't fit the labels,
he is an outcast.
He becomes the target.
I became the target.
At first I still had friends, but they all left moving to Valor
I isolated myself,
I thought that it was my fault they left.
After some time I forgot them,
I had my books and my grandmother and they were enough for a time.
Just before my sixteenth birthdays, group
of fire dancers and fire breathers came to Harborside.
I saw them play with the fire,
I saw them dance with it.I
saw them never touching it, but
They woke up my longing for fire and it came back with a vengage.
At as long as they were there watching them was enough.
But soon they had to leave and I was once again alone.
I tried I tried so hard to stay away from it, but I couldn't it called to me louder than ever. That is how I made my second biggest mistake,
I touched it,
I touched the fire and I loved it,
I smelt it,
I tasted it.
is sometimes all you need to shatter your world.
One mistake is sometimes enough to destroy you.
I made such a mistake and I made the price.
That day I set my own house on fire.
made it out alive.
My grandmother didn't.
Sometimes I can still hear her screams,
I can still hear the wood shattering.
I can still hear the crackle of the fire and the silence, deathly silence.
No one blamed me for the fire, how could they, they didn't know. That night I lost my best friend,
I lost the only parent I had ever really known,
I lost the only person I had ever loved.I lost my will to live that day,
I became dead inside.
And I would still be like that if it weren't for her.
I don't know how long,
I ran until the adrenaline had left my body and I collapsed on the ground tiered, hurting and crying.
A pair of, merchants
They took me with them, they nursed me back to health and left me in Bloom.
During that time I never talked.
I didn't deserve to speak,
I didn't even deserve to live, but I had to for my grandmother.
I wandered through Bloom for two days and two nights, hungry and alone, the guilt eating me from the inside. The third day,
I collapsed in front of a rich looking building, that'sit, I think
this is the end.
The workers of the brothel, that's
what is taking
me in, gave me food, a bed
to sleep on.
asked me about my age, I
told them I was 18,
they offered me a job then,
I took it.It
paid well, in two years time they said I would be able to pay the fees of the university.I stayed.
The next two years I consider to be two
of my happiest.
I had a home again, a family.
Once I gathered the money I needed I left and enrolled in the university.
My grandmother always wanted me to go.
The years I spent at the university were by far the happiest
and most exciting.
That is where
I met her.
I won't tell you her name, it's not necessary
. Oh! She was wonderful.
With her I started living again.
With her the fire within me started burning again and I started longing for the fire again. I was afraid of it a
first, it had caused me so much pain and anguish
that I just couldn't touch it again.
But she taught me to dance with the fire, like I had seen the fire dancers long ago at Harborside.
We danced together and it was beautiful.
I was alive again.
These 4 years I was truly happy, but as our studies came to an end our ways were about to part.
I loved her and she loved me.I
soon learned that she would leave Bloom to find her family and once again
dance with the fire under the stars
She asked me to go with her, but I couldn't, something was missing, something was holding me back.
We parted ways with a promise, to always find each other again.
Soon after she left,
to go to Valore in the hopes of finding my destiny.
It was a hard trip, but once I entered the city I knew it was worth it.I
fell in love with Vallore,
it was a work of art, the statues, the buildings.
I had found my home.
I went to the sanctum and after a brief training I became a sanctum attendant.
I is amazing here,
I help the sick and hurt people who seek my help,
I care for them and in exchange they give me their gratitude and sometimes their secrets.
Sometimes I still dance with fire under the stars.
I learned to respect the fire and fear it.
For it is not the tame cat
you can play with-it
is lion waiting to devour you if you are not careful.
- Maria is born in Harboside.His grandmother taking care of him
- He leads a happy childhood until the age of six, when he begins school.
- They constantly play with fire, almost burning themselves at one time
- They become the outcast, being bullied by the other children,because he knows much more than they do
- They isolate themselves, reading books
- After the arrival of some fire dancers they start playing with it again
- This leads to a terrible accident, that kills his grandmother
- He runs away and ends up in Bloom
- There he lies about his age and starts working as a courtesan
- He goes to university, meets her and falls in love with her.
- She a fire dancer,who has come to Bloom to study art, teaches him to love the fire again and how to dance with it.
- They part ways promising to always find each other
- He goes to Valore were he falls in love with the city and starts working as a Sanctum attendant,ocasionly dancing at festivals (grand reopening)
- Maria arrived at Valore just before the grand reopening of the Crucible,he is quite shocked by the fight as he has never seen pit slaves before
- He is quite devastated by the death of Amadeus not so much because he was a great ruler but because a life was lost to soon.
- Maria suffers from social anxiety disorder
- He absolutely loves books and one day wishes to explore the world
- Don't take away his coffee he will bite you
- Cats are life
- like every normal Aodhian,Maria accepts the existence of slaves as normal, though he did not know that they were pitted against each other
- he absolutely adores the lavish and hedonistic lifestyle of Aodh and couldn't possibly live without it
- he is a huge clothes and jewellery nerd